A deep exploration that will challenge pre-conceived notions of the satellite business and explore possible opportunities for the future. This session will explore how the position of Low Earth Orbit satellites is evolving and the impact on the wholesale carrier ecosystem.
- How will satellite systems be able to support up and coming capacity demanding services including mobile communications and IoT?
- How are Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites going to change the existing satellite business?
- Will 5G become a catalyst for increased satellite deployment? Has satellite been an overlooked component of 5G?
- To what extent can satellite connectivity be an alternative to fibre networks?
- How are satellite companies overcoming the initial challenge in investment?
- Will traditional terrestrial networks be able to provide adequate interconnection points for satellites to deliver the predicted coverage?