PANEL DISCUSSION: GLOBAL CONNECTIVITY: SERVICING INTERNATIONAL SUBSEA DEMAND
LOCATION: Regency V – Hyatt Regency, Atrium Tower, Ballroom Level
With a data intensive future on the very close horizon, subsea carriers and big internet giants are all competing for a piece of the data pie. With demands in capacity only predicted to increase, how is this period of unprecedented subsea cable deployment unique and what will the impact be for this long established industry.
- Where is the next global subsea hub?
- How has big internet giants’ inclusion within the subsea space impacted the future roadmap for consortiums?
- How do we ensure that we maintain innovation without compromising on sustainability?
- Will the subsea industry incorporate machine learning in the near future? If so, how?
- Are there identifiable trends for deploying fibre with other subsea infrastructures?
- How are international carriers addressing the challenges in decommissioning cables?
- How are subsea cables impacting the data centre ecosystem?
- How can a data centre operator benefit from supporting subsea cable systems?
- How does global interconnectivity play a role in selecting a data centre provider?
Chief Innovation Officer,
Director of Market Development & Strategy,
VP, Network Strategy,