PANEL DISCUSSION: ENABLING AFRICA’S DIGITAL ECONOMY
LOCATION: International Pavilion - Marriott Marquis, Marquis Tower, International Level
8:30am - 9:15am - Networking Breakfast
9:15am - 9:30am - Analyst Presentation
9:30am - 10:30am - Panel Discussion and Q&A
- What strategies are increasing broadband penetration across the continent?
- Are there regulatory models or business models that are yielding results worthy of emulation?
Demand Drivers/Digital Economy:
- Where are we seeing a rapid acceleration of the Digital economy in Africa?
- Are these local data centres adequately prepared for upcoming capacity increases and enterprise demand?
Subsea cable updates:
- What are the expectations for the new cable systems planned for the continent?
- How does Africa compare with patterns witnessed in other continents in terms of wholesale capacity pricing?
- We continue to hear about more satellites being deployed to connect the unconnected. How well are existing satellites doing that today and what role do satellites play in an increasingly fiberised and 4G/5G world?
- What are the key differentiators between the current climate and previous eras of satellite deployment?
- What can the industry do to address the need for low latency applications and increase local traffic exchange on the continent?
Hosted by MainOne, Avanti PLC
Sales & Marketing Director,
Angola Cables. SA
Founder & CEO,
COO - Customer,